2830 Dual WAN Connections

• bullet_tooth12
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
07 Nov 2012 10:13 #74090 by bullet_tooth12
2830 Dual WAN Connections was created by bullet_tooth12
I have a 2930n with the latest 3.6.3sb firmware.

Im am experimenting with two broadband connections for the first time, I have a BT connection running at Approx 3.5Mbps and a Demon connection running at approx 2.0Mbps.

I have made the assumption that with the correct configuration I can "pool" these connections and effectively get all my network devices to share 5.5Mbps downspeed? Have I assumed correctly becuase at the moment even though WAN2 (demon connection) says it is connected my downspeed seems to be still at 3.5Mbps according to speedtest.net.

WAN2 is connected via a Vigor 120.

Any suggestions greatefully recieved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 16:46 #74097 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: 2830 Dual WAN Connections
Your thinking of Bonding the two which you can't do, however you can load balance which in affect splits the load to the two connections for example if you have 4 computers running PC1 to PC4 and all request pages etc then PC1 will get wan1 and PC2 will get WAN2 and PC3 will get WAN1 and PC4 will get WAN2 and so fourth...

having two adsl / WAN's does help , in my previous setup ( 2830 ) i had two subnets ( LAN1 and LAN2 ) lan1 used WAN1 and Lan2 used WAN2

• bullet_tooth12
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
09 Nov 2012 12:15 #74122 by bullet_tooth12
Replied by bullet_tooth12 on topic Re: 2830 Dual WAN Connections
Thanks Ghostworks for the clarification at least there is nothing wrong with my config.

Moderators: Sami