DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Setting up Web Filter with GlobalView

• billhoggett
  • Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2012 09:29 #74177 by billhoggett
Setting up Web Filter with GlobalView was created by billhoggett
I have a client for whom I have installed a Vigor 2830Vn router. We are happy with this and it has resolved various issues with NAT and QoS which previously caused problems, but now we need a Web Filter and need to evaluate whether GlobalView will do the job. The actual requirement is to block one PC from accessing inappropriate web sites while allowing the rest to have unfettered access. At this juncture no user management is required.

My problem is that while the DrayTek documentation lists what each option does and the website has a list of features telling me why I'd want GlobalView, neither actually describes how such a filter should be set up and my attempts so far have been unsuccessful.

I have registered the router and activated the trial, so if anyone could quickly list the basic steps needed to achieve the desired result I would be very grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2012 16:37 #74351 by vmgscot
Replied by vmgscot on topic Re: Setting up Web Filter with GlobalView
Should be do-able.
I have similar sort of thing where 'staff' have certain WCF categories blocked yet 'guests' (connected through a different WLAN SSID) have another set of categories open.

Not sure of best way it's done but I did this through the firewall rules.... rules had differing CSM profiles used depending on the source IP addressing (staff are in a different subnet from guests). Worked OK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami