DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830 mail alert if line drops

More
15 Nov 2012 10:06 #74219 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: Vigor 2830 mail alert if line drops
Sorry but am I missing something here? How can the unit send an email alert if the line has dropped? How is it to send the alert, the line is down?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2012 12:09 #74220 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2830 mail alert if line drops

g6ifs wrote: Sorry but am I missing something here? How can the unit send an email alert if the line has dropped? How is it to send the alert, the line is down?

Have not read the manual but guessing if one line drops then is sending from the other line

More
15 Nov 2012 21:45 #74223 by fchef
Replied by fchef on topic Re: Vigor 2830 mail alert if line drops
Alert is sent using wan2, for models with single wan alert is sent after reconnection.

Draytek replied with a guide which will be up in their site really soon

1) Object Settings>>SMS/Mail Server Object configure profile to set your mail server
2) Object Settings>>Notification Object and configure profile for wan disconnection and reconnection (there is also profile for vpn disc-reconn but it does not save, probable future improvement)
3) Application >> SMS / Mail Alert Service and for mail alert service enter your mail address and choose from dropdown list your previously created mail server and notification object.

I have tested and it works ok. Also very useful to get email notification of possible Vigor reboot as you get email for wan reconnection

Moderators: Sami