DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wireless Gone!

• jimpearceuk
  • Topic Author
More
24 Nov 2012 21:30 #74335 by jimpearceuk
Wireless Gone! was created by jimpearceuk
I upgraded the firmware on my 2830n and the wireless options have gone from the web setup? I assume I have used the wrong file? any one know how I can get it back please? :(

Thanks Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2012 01:34 #74339 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Wireless Gone!
There are 2 firmwares...one for dual band model and one for single band
To identify which model you have may this help you
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_2830_dual_band.html
Then download from here the correct firmware but important to read the relaesed notes
http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportDownloads.php

I don't know if you need to re flash via special tool but for sure you need to use the rst file (IF you accidentally loaded different firmware ... and start evrything from the begin with settings
If this not work then at the end of this post is how to totally re-flash it
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17825

Also this quote may help you

When to use the 'RST' file

The .ALL file contains the router's firmware. If you flash the .ALL file, the router should retain all of its existing settings and after it has flashed and rebooted will resume normal operation automatically. Never change the filename or attempt to alter/edit the firmware file.

If you are making a major firmware upgrade (for example where the first digit changes, say 1.5 to 2.6), or where the readme.txt notes recommend it, you should use the RST file which will clear all existing router settings. The RST file is also necessary if your router has corrupted firmware, or invalid settings which cause it to malfunction. A firmware corruption should not occur during normal usage but can occur if the router is subject to abnormal trauma (e.g. power/line spike or brown-out). Firmware or settings abnormalities can also occur if you have attempted to flash an invalid firmware file into the router, or tried to restore settings from an incompatible model/device. Reflashing the correct RST file will restore the router's firmware and also the 'factory default' settings of the router, wiping all existing settings. The unit must then be re-configured from scratch. Do not attempt to restore backed up settings from a file if the backup file was taken from a router with corrupt/invalid settings.

• jimpearceuk
  • Topic Author
More
27 Nov 2012 23:31 #74374 by jimpearceuk
Replied by jimpearceuk on topic Re: Wireless Gone!
Yes I didn't read that few words in the readme! I do think it shouldn't allow idiots to mess it up ;)

Anyway tried to re-update with the correct version but it does not work, still no wireless.

Thanks will try total flash

Jim

• jimpearceuk
  • Topic Author
More
28 Nov 2012 22:32 #74379 by jimpearceuk
Replied by jimpearceuk on topic Re: Wireless Gone!
I have done the complete re flash, powering up with the reset button and using router tools to send the rst file ... Still no wireless :)

Please anyone any idea how I can get my wifi back?

Cheers Jim

More
29 Nov 2012 00:57 #74380 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Wireless Gone!
you may need contact the support
In mean time can you telnet (if you can) and type this command? wl restart

Moderators: Sami