Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2800G + DSCP for QoS

• peter-l
  • Topic Author
More
28 Nov 2012 13:34 #74378 by peter-l
2800G + DSCP for QoS was created by peter-l
Hello,

I've had my 2800G sitting at the bottom of a box for a while now and decided after getting a Cisco work phone at home to try and setup QoS to ensure the VPN tunnel and voice traffic dont drop under network congestion.

The phone tags the packets with the DSCP marking and I was wondering if there was anyway I can get the 2800G to honour these markings? A simple 4 layer would be great, if possible.

Voice
Video
Data
Backup

Can anyone give any guidance on this please before I waste a load of time looking at this (I did search and didnt find what I was looking for yet)?

Thanks,
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peter-l
  • Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2013 18:19 #75258 by peter-l
Replied by peter-l on topic Re: 2800G + DSCP for QoS
Nobody have any info or is it too old?

More
18 Feb 2013 20:30 #75261 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2800G + DSCP for QoS
It is old but the QoS has always supported DiffServ CodePoint, you just need to make a rule that specifies the class tag your devices are using and the router will pick up on that and apply QoS appropriately. This one is for a 2600 but you can see there's the option to set DSCP there, it's just a case of matching up the numbers :)
http://support.draytek.net.au/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/140/6/how-to-use-qos-feature-to-set-high-priority-for-external-voip-service-eg-an-engin-voicebox

• peter-l
  • Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2013 21:48 #75264 by peter-l
Replied by peter-l on topic Re: 2800G + DSCP for QoS
Thats great thanks, dont know how I didnt come across that when searching but thanks again :)

Moderators: Sami