DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New Firmware for 2850 Series

More
12 Dec 2012 23:06 #74524 by jolley
Replied by jolley on topic Re: New Firmware for 2850 Series
I'm currently using Infinity with the BT openreach modem on WAN2.

I notice with this firmware that my wireless connection appears to out perform the wired connection!
I have no idea why this is but I'm pretty sure I didn't have this problem before using 3.6.3 downloaded from draytek.com website. I also performed a hard reset before upgrading and used the .all file before re-entering my settings from scratch.

Anyone else found this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2012 00:12 #74525 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: New Firmware for 2850 Series
yesterday at draytek.com was out a new 3.6.3 (dated 12/12/12) but i think the only fixed is annex M guessing for adsl

More
06 Jan 2013 14:14 #74691 by jolley
Not had a good experience with 3.6.3 on my 2850n.

I noticed that using HomePlugs the throughput deteriorated, also some sort of jitter was evident on the WAN2 connection. I complained to Devolo about the HomePlugs, but as soon as I reverted back to 3.6.2 all these issues disappeared.

I see a number of added features in this new firmware that are of no interest, but it appears they have broken the basic fundamental functionality in the process. I see other users can't get IPv6 working using built in VDSL modem on 3.6.3 but is fine on 3.6.2.
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17911

What sort of quality process do DrayTek follow for regression testing their new firmware?

:(

More
06 Jan 2013 23:38 #74693 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: New Firmware for 2850 Series
turn off QoS and see if it still behaves the same?
I'm not sure how a router firmware could affect LAN throughput? Are you sure it's affected actual LAN to LAN transfers or just WAN to LAN transfers?

More
07 Jan 2013 19:07 #74701 by toucant
Replied by toucant on topic Re: New Firmware for 2850 Series
I am noticing that they have still not included a fix for the sky MER settings...................come on Draytek whats the hold up? :x

More
07 Jan 2013 22:09 #74703 by jolley

Voodle wrote: turn off QoS and see if it still behaves the same?
I'm not sure how a router firmware could affect LAN throughput? Are you sure it's affected actual LAN to LAN transfers or just WAN to LAN transfers?

Cheers, already checked that - the 3.6.3 firmware has it disabled by default after flashing the .rst file.
There was an option about UDP SIP priority on port 5060 but made no difference whether that was enabled or disabled.

Sorry I should have been clearer, yes it was just WAN to LAN which appeared to be affected, especially upload speed through the HomePlugs.
Changing back to 3.6.2 resolved the issue.

Moderators: Sami