DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850n nightly reboots?

• niggly54
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2012 09:29 #74461 by niggly54
2850n nightly reboots? was created by niggly54
Having played with my 2850n and various firmwares to try and find the best configuration (least errors/highest sync) I thought I had found the answer in an annex B version of 3.6.3.
However, despite trying to leave the router connected for as long as possible to try and get my download sync back up to what it used to be- it rebooted at 4am and is now down to 59000 ish instead of it's original 79000ish three weeks ago. Does anyone know how to get my sync speed back up? Are BT sending some commands during the night which is knobbling my router?
Conspiracy theories......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2012 06:56 #74480 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2850n nightly reboots?
Even i have adsl i have notice the last 3-4 days i have 1 disconnection at night and tonight had 2 all ready
Don't believing is our machines...so long did not make me problems unless is the new firmware 3.6.3 but i don,t think cos is using the same old vdsl version 1412f0 as 3.6.2
EDIT
Forgot to say...i have also changed to an other modem and still getting disconnections at night
If you getting disconnections will not help the speed go up (mentioned tip ,at your other post) until it stops

• niggly54
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2012 09:54 #74580 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: 2850n nightly reboots?
Interesting update.
Got round to installing my router on my bargain EBay APC UPS. Guess what? Three days solid connection with no reboots. Maybe overnight power glitches/outages were causing my reboots? Trying to keep the connection for as long as possible to try and increase my speeds. Fingers crossed!

Moderators: Sami