Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VLAN and Guest Wifi Setup

• cookan
  • Topic Author
More
13 Dec 2012 10:09 #1 by cookan
VLAN and Guest Wifi Setup was created by cookan
Hi,
I'm having trouble setting up my 2830n and wondered if anyone could help.

What I'd like to do is have my kids tablets use OpenDNS filtering on the internet but I want the rest of the house to use the ISP DNS. I also want the kids devices to be able to browse media on the home network and contact each other.

What I have done so far is as follows
1. enabled LAN2 and its DHCP and set LAN2 to use the OpenDNS Primary/Secondary. I've also set the IP address of LAN2 to the same as LAN1 (192.168.0.1) and configured the DHCP server to deal out the same IP address range as LAN1...not sure if that's asking for trouble or not but I wanted my devices to get the same IP address whether they've logged in through LAN1 or LAN2 using Strict Bind.
2. enabled vlan0 and selected all Lan and wireless lan ports apart from SID2 against Lan1, then for vlan1, selected just SID2 against LAN2
3. under wirless LAN enabled SSID2

I can connect wirelessly and obtain an IP on SSID2, and that device shows up as connected in the routers station list on SSID2, however from that device I can't access the internet, ping the router or connect to the routers web login page via a browser...so in inter-lan routing I checked LAN1/LAN2 also, but that made no difference.

any pointers much appreciated !
thanks,
Ant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami