Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

F/W 3.3.7 Upgrade Killed Vigor 2710n

• bjblackmore
  • Topic Author
More
13 Dec 2012 20:29 #74536 by bjblackmore
F/W 3.3.7 Upgrade Killed Vigor 2710n was created by bjblackmore
Hi,

I have a Vigor 2710n and was having a few WLAN issues, (dropping out occassionally) so decided to upgrade to F/W 3.3.7. I performed the upgrade connected via wired LAN, using the v2710_a4_337.all file from the web console. The upgrade said it completed successfully, and I should click OK to reboot the router.

However following the reboot it appears to have bricked the router. The ACT & WLAN light come on solid green, as does the LAN1 light, but my PC says the network cable is unplugged. After a few minutes all the LAN lights go orange, and the ACT & WLAN lights start blinking quickly.

I've tried to perform a factory reset, but this doesn't appear to work, I've used a paperclip to press the factory reset button in for 5 seconds, the ACT & WLAN lights blink, but nothing else happens, they just seem to blink continiously, the unit doesn't reboot, and when I switch off/on or unplug and plug in the power again, it just goes back to the ACT, WLAN & LAN1 light coming on solid green again, but PC still says the network cable is unplugged. And if I search with my laptop's wireless, it shows the WLAN SID is the same as before, rather than being reset to the factory default. I've also tried the standard 30 second power off, but to no avail!

I would appreciate some suggestions, if anyone has any!

Many thanks

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2012 00:31 #74538 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: F/W 3.3.7 Upgrade Killed Vigor 2710n
Hi
Something may happened while upgrating...maybe a huge download or even a small electric drop
(i usally when upgrating have all the pc,s out of lan apart the one i m using for send the firmware

Download the firmware update utility from here
http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportDLUtility.php
Read the instractions
Then from this page
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html#reflash
Look the section "Abnormal Firmware Conditions" and reflash while the light is blinking but read the correct order
Hope this will help you

• bjblackmore
  • Topic Author
More
14 Dec 2012 19:46 #74545 by bjblackmore
Replied by bjblackmore on topic Re: F/W 3.3.7 Upgrade Killed Vigor 2710n
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!! :P :P :P :P

That worked, I was able to upload the firmware with the utility after putting the router into TFTP mode. The router the rebooted, and I was able to ping it, and access the web console again!

I thought I was going to have to spend another £120+ on another 2710n!

Thank you again!

Ben

More
15 Dec 2012 01:22 #74549 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: F/W 3.3.7 Upgrade Killed Vigor 2710n
Welcome :) ... i am gald it worked !

Moderators: Sami