Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830 reboots on Wifi connect

• cmhunt
  • Topic Author
More
14 Dec 2012 08:53 #74541 by cmhunt
Vigor 2830 reboots on Wifi connect was created by cmhunt
Hi

I have a Vigor 2830. I have devices connected to all the ethernet ports as well as two Android tablets and an Android phone connected via wifi (mixed mode WPA & WPA2). When I try to connect my Android phone, the router restarts. I have tried disconnecting all the other devices and connected the device on its own but the same problem still occurs. The syslog seems to clear at restart so doesn't seem to have any clues. All Android devices are connecting with default wifi settings

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2012 17:04 #74544 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2830 reboots on Wifi connect
Sorry i don't have any solution to this problem apart make sure you have the correct firmware because are 2 models of 2830 so make sure the right firmware has applied
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_2830_dual_band.html
If is the right one than i would suggest maybe a master reset and load the firmware again with the rst file ...if you don't have many settings to put back from the begin

More
14 Dec 2012 22:33 #74547 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Vigor 2830 reboots on Wifi connect
Just to confirm- do you have the 2830n (not the 2830 as stated), or are you connecting through a wireless access point?

• cmhunt
  • Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2012 11:00 #74639 by cmhunt
Replied by cmhunt on topic Re: Vigor 2830 reboots on Wifi connect
Hi

Sorry for slow reply (although it's my loss). Yes, it is 2830n. I have done a full factory reset and applied all firmware upgrades but still the same problem. I've also done a factory reset on the phone which is causing the problem. All a bit strange. Have never had this problem connecting to any other router.

Chris

More
02 Jan 2013 10:02 #74651 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2830 reboots on Wifi connect
What phone is it?

that sort of thing sounds like a firmware problem with the 2830 :) maybe the phone is making a request the router can't handle. I also recommend seeing if the phone still reboots the router if it's not getting an address via DHCP.

Moderators: Sami