Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Using 2820n with Crashplan

• cmcloughlin
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2012 12:30 #1 by cmcloughlin
Using 2820n with Crashplan was created by cmcloughlin
Hi

I have an internet connection with BT Business Infinity with a main static IP address and 5 additional Static addresses to allow remote access to 5 PCs. I am trying to set up my Draytek to let me back these (and other computers) to my ReadyNAS using CrashPlan (www.crashplan.com).

I have the Draytek setup to map the 5 external addresses to 5 fixed internal addresses and all the computers can communicate with each other, with other PCs on the network and with the NAS unit.

The problem is that when I try to get the readyNAS copy of CrashPlan to log in to my accoount it fails and when I try to use CP to backup between computers on the network it again fails.

After much trial and error, reinstalling CP, etc I tried replacing the Draytek with the far inferior BT Business Hub3 and everything worked.

While this is a usable temporary solution I am not happy with it in the longer term as the BT Hub regularly loses wifi connection and has to be manually restarted. They also do not let me change the DNS settings to use OpenDNS.

Could you please advise me of the best settings to apply to get this to work?

I can send you a copy of my Draytek config backup if it helps.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami