Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT Infinity setup with 2850vn

• adgilcan
  • Topic Author
More
31 Dec 2012 17:22 #74645 by adgilcan
BT Infinity setup with 2850vn was created by adgilcan
Hi

I recently switched to BT infinity and bought a 2850vn to replace all the BT equipment.

I followed the guide in Draytek's technical FAQ section including putting in the 101 VDSL tag and the bthomehub@btbroadband.com username.

The online indications are all green for both the VDSL, the WAN and the LAN. However, I have no internet access using this setup. I have set the DNS servers to open DNS

Prior to getting Infinity, I had a 2820vn happily connected to BeThere ADSL and all worked fine.

Any ideas?

Happy New Year

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2013 01:03 #74646 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: BT Infinity setup with 2850vn
Happy new year
Sorry late reply was work (yes tonight)

Guessing you mean this guide
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_v2850_setup.html
At second picture change the pppoa to PPPOE (this is important) and dont forget click top left enable then ok button page
vpi/vci 0/38 as showing ( but i think this not matter)
MTU set it at 1492 (max)
Ip from isp at automatic no dynamic should be

Also I think is something with user name & pass that prevent access ... try combinations with the user name and password
First of all add your new BT account email and password(that should work) then follow the orders below
IF Not works
Place your just your phone number and leave password blank
Or
after the changes up at internet access page try the bthub@... you had tried before
Or
Just type Vigor at both
Or
Leave both blank ... etc

• adgilcan
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2013 18:24 #74648 by adgilcan
Replied by adgilcan on topic Re: BT Infinity setup with 2850vn
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I am currently out of the country but will try your suggestions when I get home.

However: I have never seen an option to choose between PPPoE and PPPoA. They always seem to come as a pair. Can you amplify this?

Also, my BT Home hub (which works OK, although much of the rest of my LAN protests) has the username I mentioned with no password given.

Has anyone else done what I am trying to do and had success?

More
02 Jan 2013 00:15 #74650 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: BT Infinity setup with 2850vn
Hi can not amplify 100% because personal i don't have BT but you can try both (pppoe and pppoa) when you be back and see which one works for you with the pass you previous had.
I just replied mention to try & so be aware for pppoe because now holidays times i assume not many will be in the forums to reply you immediately(assuming was like urgent)
But by the time you be back should have few BT users to confirm

Looking the forum regular i was based at post number 4 here from a BT infinity user
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17837&p=74261&hilit=2850+bt+infinity#p74261
Showing the 2750 model (link) which is using PPPOE but when you get back you can find out of course and let the forum community know for future reference

Moderators: Sami