DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Virgin Superhub on Buisness with Static IP's

• tony powell
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jan 2013 20:09 #74741 by tony powell
Anyone have any idears how to setup a Vigor 2850n on a Vigin Superhub on buisness with fixed IP's as the the only way I can see to connect it would be by a Subnet, This would only have one IP and no gateway?

Any Idears

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2013 22:33 #74743 by souk
Do you have an internet connection (lol) and teamviewer? :lol:

More
09 Jan 2013 22:55 #74745 by babis3g
Hi until a VM business customer reply you can give some suggestions
For residentials as me we have the modem mode and is little more easy
But even we have not static ip, it does not change easy so in a way counts as static because i have done tests with the SH with mode mode and router mode

Here what you can try
connect the ethernet cable from the wan is nearest to coax cable to wan 4 of the draytek
Go to WAN >> Internet Access>>static or dynamic ip
ARP detect and set MTU 1500
Right page click obtain ip automatic (but field leave blank,router domain name)
click ok router will reboot so it should still connect to the VM servise so wait little time

Now go back to that page and should appeared (named) your ip, subnet and gateway
Now click Specify an IP address (which all info are there now) click ok to reboot and save changes

It always works for me but If still no subnet comes I also suggest if you have no modem mode maybe is better at SH to disable wireless (unless you need it) disable dhcp and vpn or maybe disable few other settings(to avoid confusion with the draytek)...
2 routers running together it will work but maybe is causing the issue so after disable them in SH try again

Hope this trick will help you if i understand well what is you looking for

Moderators: Sami