DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Better schedule GUI/facility

• destroyer
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jan 2013 21:08 #74774 by destroyer
Better schedule GUI/facility was created by destroyer
Over the past few months I have had the need to use the schedule facility on my 2820 router with the firewall settings. Basically, forcing down certain traffic types during certain times.

It has became apparent over lots of usage that:

a) The schedule sometimes doesn't work properly,
b) the schedule screen is possibly the most counter intuitive thing I have used with things like this!

I'd like to say I'm pretty competent when it comes to this, but I amazed myself simply how many mistakes I've made when setting schedules on this thing, the whole layout of the screen frazzles the brain, and I end up ticking the wrong boxes for the days of the week, and also making mistakes when it comes to times around midnight.

This really needs revising in my opinion, it is not easy to understand whatsoever.

Regarding it not working properly, currently I have a clearly defined rule to force down a certain type of traffic at 23:45 - boxes ticked for SUN (since when did Sun start before MON in system admin land?) MON, TUE, WED, and THUR. However, last night (Friday), the traffic was forced down at that time. I went into the config thinking I had accidentally ticked the FRI box but I hadn't!

Just for openness here is a screenshot - Have I possibly made yet another mistake which is why it went off yesterday?
If I have, apologies, but all this does is reinforce point B that the interface is just so damn confusing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2013 15:23 #74993 by web21st
Replied by web21st on topic Re: Better schedule GUI/facility
Count me in for this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami