DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 100 Setup

More
13 Jan 2013 21:53 #74775 by iano2
Vigor 100 Setup was created by iano2
A long time ago I setup a V2800 router with a Vigor 100 modem. The router appears to have suffered a hardware failure.

I am trying to support my brother/parents long distance get things working again just using the Vigor 100.

We have got a dialup PPPoE connections to work from the PC but this is not really satisfactory as they just need an 'always-on' connection.

I also downloaded the Vigor 120 manual from the Draytek ftp site. The instructions for the Vigor 120 on the Drayetk UK site give the impression that the 100 is very similar. Is that right; can I use the 120 manual to configure the 100 or does it not have the same capabilities?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2013 23:50 #74776 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 100 Setup
it seems they have same configuration
This page may helps you as from a quick look have instructions how to set up with just a pc as well
Using the Vigor 120 (and Vigor 100 / 110)
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html

More
14 Jan 2013 02:34 #74777 by iano2
Replied by iano2 on topic Re: Vigor 100 Setup
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Looks like we have it setup like the section 'Windows XP PPPoE Setup' in the page you referenced. Though it seems to keeps asking whether the user want to connect or disconnect fairly often.

It is hard for me to tell exactly what's happening as I am 6000 miles away and my folks are not very computer literate.

My brother is local and actually used to design modems and he got it working using an old PPPoE connection. So I was trying to get a user guide for the Vigor 100 for him to take a look at.

Seems there are two different user guides for the 120. One from the DrayTek site (94) pages long available from this page: http://www.draytek.com/user/PdInfoDetail.php?Id=71#PdQuLinkInfo

and one only 8 pages long available from this page: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads.html

What's the difference? UK v International? Is only the second one applicable to the Vigor 100?

More
14 Jan 2013 07:14 #74778 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 100 Setup
not sure what is the difference between international firmware...i guess is line compability due to firmware modem code
Users guides not sure as well but it can not be so big difference because from what i have understand all 4 models (100,110,120,120 v2) are exact same just newer builds
*but carefull firmwares are not compatable)
If ever i find user guide/manual for the 100 on line will post them
Now about timing i m not sure but if you go at control panel>>network and sharing centre>>internet options>>connections tab>>if is anything there to set with time or >>add broadband(pppoe) if you can do anything there because old dial up times there was the main settings from handling dial up
About timing at the same connection tab you can set never dial a connection if will help
From what i remember at connection tab once was appearing the connection or modem can set it to unlimited some where in that settings but is been many years never used this tab to remember the exact tweak
Also wait the more experts to advise you

Moderators: Sami