DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830Vn+ with BT Infinity

More
14 Jan 2013 15:26 #74789 by vipul
2830Vn+ with BT Infinity was created by vipul
I have just had BT Infinity installed and it all works fine with the BT Hub but when the DrayTek is used it will not connect - or, more accurately, it connects for 1 min. 13 secs. when the VLan tag is changed to 101. I then get a message saying that there is not server response (on the online status page).

I have tried both the homehub username (bthomehub@btbroadband.com) with no password and the username and password I selected when signing up but get the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2013 16:13 #74792 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830Vn+ with BT Infinity
at wan 2 not works if you set it under pppoe? ... or set is under static or dynamic ip and set obtain ip automatic?
which options of these 2 have tried?

More
14 Jan 2013 23:39 #74799 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2830Vn+ with BT Infinity
The 2830 would have that connecting to WAN2 using the Openreach modem? If so, you don't need the VLAN tag set to 101 for the WAN connection as that's just if you're going straight from the VDSL (i.e. 2750, 2850) and it should work with no VLAN tag set. It should work with the bthomehub username and it'll work with a blank password iirc.
Another thing to check is under WAN - General Setup, try removing the display name if you've got one set because that doubles up in function as a PPPoE service name which is used for PPPoE discovery, perhaps that's making it not find the modem.

More
15 Jan 2013 12:52 #74809 by vipul
Replied by vipul on topic Re: 2830Vn+ with BT Infinity
Thanks Voodle!

Solved the problem immediately by removing the VLAN tag and the Display name :D

Moderators: Sami