DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n Need to allow a fixed IP printer

• robmcp
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2013 19:27 #74796 by robmcp
My first post!

Anyone help on this? I have just got a Brother 9055CDN printer, the s/w went on all client machines. From each client pc I can run a scan on the printer, but NOT the other way.

I should be able to go to the printer with an image / document, and menu select scan, a dialog box appears on the printer allowing me to specify a named pc on the network.
Works (almost) when I select a named pc the scan starts, then errors with a connection fault.

This goes away if I turn off the firewall on the machine with the connection error.

What I want to do is add the IP address of the printer to yes it's fine on the Router, can any kind soul point me in the right direction?
Thanks in adv. Rob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2013 15:54 #74821 by vmgscot
Replied by vmgscot on topic Re: 2830n Need to allow a fixed IP printer
I'm not sure if I am mis-reading your post but if the error goes away when you turn the s/w firewall off on the client machine then issue is with that s/w firewall and nothing you change on the router firewall will fix the issue... I think.

What it sounds like is you need a rule on each client machine s/w firewall (Windows?) that allows the connection.
Or am I picking this up wrong?

• robmcp
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jan 2013 10:55 #74915 by robmcp
Replied by robmcp on topic Re: 2830n Need to allow a fixed IP printer
Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay.

The Firewall is McAfee, I may be getting the wrong end of the stick but I thought (wrongly?) that you could specify this sort of thing in the router.
The printer has a fixed IP, so I thought this was the way to go.

I am aslo looking at the firewall info too.
I may have missed the blinking obvious as it's probably under my nose...

Thanks. McP

Moderators: Sami