DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2950 with Dual Virgin Superhub modems

• spytech
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2013 21:55 #74959 by spytech
Hey,

Looking for some words of wisdom. I have a 2950 and it has two virgin superhub routers connected to the WAN ports, both Virgin routers set to modem mode. I can only get one to work. It seems that you can not change the virgin router IP address when in modem mode so they are both set to 192.168.100.1
I am wondering if this is what is causing the issue and if anyone knows how to get round this issue with some sort of configuration on the Draytek?
Any help much appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2013 01:32 #74961 by babis3g
yes can not change the ip of the SH in modem mode

I dont have this model (2950) but have the 2920 which guessing is about the same
Vm at least for my 2 draytek models 2920 and 2850it need static or dynamic ip

If both wans have static or dynamic ip set them both this way
Then to see line statistics of each line then go to load balance and tick individual each wan (example wan 1)
That should only pick wan 1 wan and should see the statistics of this wan at the current SH
Then untick wan1 and tick wan 2 to see the 2nd line stats of SH

I have seen a quick demo of the 2950 and did not see at wan 2 having any static or dynamic ip so may this be the problem and not because having same ip

If this is the case then turn the other SH at router mode
Disable wifi(unless you need it) disable dhcp (because the 2950 will do) and maybe vpn (avoid confusion with draytek) and few other settings may needs (dont remember all because have not use router mode for years lol) but i think them 3 should do

Then it will have different ip and see if can connect it (perhaps pppoe)

I am VM customer my self but as mentioned in the begin ... i dont have this model 2950 so are only suggestions (perhaps better than nothing)
Come back later to your thread again and check regulary, if any other member know something more using this specific model

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami