Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820n - WAN DHCP

• loxxol
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jan 2013 20:27 #75034 by loxxol
Draytek 2820n - WAN DHCP was created by loxxol
Hi Guys n Gals,

Recently moved to the US, and have now got Verizon FiOS - FTTH service, and have bought my 2820n with me. Unfortunately, in order for the Set-top boxes to receive caller-id, video-on-demand, EPG updates and a couple of other bits, the Verizon supplied router is needed. I have a cunning solution that i am working with that basically presents both the VRZ route and the Draytek onto the same network:

Inbound Cat5 from the VRZ ONT > netgear gs108t
draytek > netgear gs108t
VRZ > netgear gs108t

Both Draytek and VRZ router configured with the same MAC address on the WAN interfaces. The draytek obtains DHCP address from VRZ, and the VRZ router has this address set as a static.

what is stopping this from totally working is the VRZ router identifies itself to the network with various DHCP options, and obviously, the draytek identifies itself differently.

Does anyone know if there is a way / method to modify the DHCP configuration on the draytek so that I can insert the VRZ specific DHCP options, so that the two routers, for all intents and purposes look the same - in effect, the draytek configured to impersonate the verizon router?

This would be the preferred method, although there is another way of doing this by basically having 3 routers on the lan (draytek, xyz router(probably a software based such as vyatta or pfsense) and the VRZ router), with various port and addresses forwarded through the topology...

Any ideas welcomed :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2013 09:32 #75043 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Draytek 2820n - WAN DHCP
DO you have more than one useable External IP?
If so could you not give the VRZ one(no NAT mode) and then the Draytek the next IP in range doing all the nat?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami