Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2130N and VirginMedia

• geowaverider
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jan 2013 19:52 #75052 by geowaverider
Vigor 2130N and VirginMedia was created by geowaverider
Hi

I'm new to cable and have sold a 2130n into a client who has VirginMedia installed. Currently the service comes into a Cisco 2100 Cable Modem and then into a Linksys WRT120N.

The WAN configuration on the Linksys is set to DHCP.

I've installed the 2130n and configured the WAN as DHCP and not a peep (WAN Disconnected). I made sure that this device was VirginMedia compatible before purchase.

I'm using the 2130n as I have experience with setting up 2700 and 2800 routers for a number of inbound 3rd party services.

Can anyone point in a direction where I might get this working without spending all night using trial and error :-(?

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 02:15 #75054 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2130N and VirginMedia
I have VM but this modem (cisco 2100) is very old(how he still got it up and running lol).I have the superhub and all needs to be set at modem mode(the cable modem)
Have you tried set it via WAN >> Internet Access>> static or dynamic ip (tab)? usually that is the mode for VM cable modems & obtain ip aytomatic,MTU 1500 no passwords needs,mac address default...thats it

If you tried this way see if the cisco supports modem mode then set the 2130 with static or dynamic ip ...if not modem mode at cisco here is a guide for the old cable modems you mentioned, if will help you
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/cable_setup.html

• geowaverider
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2013 19:42 #75132 by geowaverider
Replied by geowaverider on topic Re: Vigor 2130N and VirginMedia
Hi Babis3G

There seems to be some issue with the Cable modem wanting to have a connected device with a specific MAC address. Not sure why. The 2130 has an option for a clone MAC address which I have set to the previously connected devices' MAC address and it connects to the WAN now.

Thank for your assistance.

Brian

Moderators: Sami