Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Upgrading Problems

• cosmarchy
  • Topic Author
More
01 Feb 2013 19:37 #75058 by cosmarchy
Upgrading Problems was created by cosmarchy
Hi,

I have a 2800g which I am at my wits end trying to upgrade its firmware.

If I try the firmware upgrade tool, all I get as an error message is "Request time out. Transfer abort". I've tried two versions of this tool, disabled UAC and disabled virus software all resulting in the same error.

I've also tried FTPing the file straight on to the device but I also get error messages. I've ensured "Enable remote firmware upgrade (ftP)" and "Allow management from the internet" are both checked.

I've also tried doing this over wireless and through a wired connection each time with the same results.

Does anyone know why I cannot do this or have any idea to the ssolution?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2013 03:20 #75059 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Upgrading Problems

If you gets a "request time out" message after pressing send, check that the PC's own IP address is in the same subnet as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.1 for the router). Also be sure that you have temporarily removed any software firewall on the PC which might be interfering with the upgrade procedure. If the procedure appears to complete, but then the router remains in TFTP mode (both left hand LEDs flashing together) for over 2 minutes, turn the router off/on and then try the procedure again.

This guide may helps you
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html#reflash

• cosmarchy
  • Topic Author
More
02 Feb 2013 10:00 #75061 by cosmarchy
Replied by cosmarchy on topic Re: Upgrading Problems

babis3g wrote:

If you gets a "request time out" message after pressing send, check that the PC's own IP address is in the same subnet as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.1 for the router). Also be sure that you have temporarily removed any software firewall on the PC which might be interfering with the upgrade procedure. If the procedure appears to complete, but then the router remains in TFTP mode (both left hand LEDs flashing together) for over 2 minutes, turn the router off/on and then try the procedure again.

This guide may helps you
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html#reflash

I've seen this guide and followed it but nothing helps. There is an insonsistency too, which is that the guide indicates to use FTP not TFTP but the router itself says the TFPT server runs after clicking ok.....I'll have to give TFTP a go when I can find some software to do so.

I guess it's confined to the bin if that doesn't work :(

More
02 Feb 2013 11:29 #75062 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: Upgrading Problems
You don't say what firmware you are trying to upload from or to, or what version of windows you are using.
I would also turn your windows firewall off as I think that gets in the way as well. Might be worth switching DoS off in the Draytek as well just in case.
Have a look in the update tool setup as well, I seem to remember there was a setting for time-out and remember that once I needed to increase it to allow the update to work.
When I had a 2800 I know I could only update on a wired connection. Wireless always failed.

Moderators: Sami