DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Possible to link 2 routers on different subnets ?

• dailand
  • Topic Author
More
07 Feb 2013 10:52 #75097 by dailand
Hi

I'm sure this should be possible, but i'm really truggling to get this to work

I've got one office, with a draytek 2830, using it for adsl internet access, and its set for dhcp, using 192.168.10.x (the router is 192.168.10.1)
I've got a second Office, with a draytek 2830, using it for adsl internet access, and its set for dhcp, using 192.168.20.x (the router is 192.168.20.1)

What i want to to, is make the computers on lan, accesable to the computers on the opposite lan.

I've put a crossover cable between the 2 routers, both company's are owned by the same man, and are in the same building, but i can;t get it to work at all.

I've tried putting the crossover link in the WAN2 Ports and setting static routes on each router, I've also tried putting the crossover lead, between lan ports.
But whatever i try - i can seemingly, always get from a PC on one lan, as far as the remote router, and no further.

I've been pulling my hair out for a couple of days now, on what i thought would be very easy to do.

So if anyone could help me with the possible missing step - i'd be eternally grateful

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 11:12 #75098 by sicon
if there are both 2830s then use the VLAN function, make P2 the same subnet as the opposed LAN on each and then enable Interlan routing (basically tick the box to say VLAN1 (port1) can see LAN2 (port2)
Just make sure you disable DHCP on the 2nd VLAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami