DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Vn Virtual WAN - How to use?

• p17blo
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2013 22:25 #75135 by p17blo
2820 Vn Virtual WAN - How to use? was created by p17blo
I am using a Draytek Vigor 2820Vn running 3.3.7.3_232201 firmware.

Within this firmware, under online status there is an a status page for 'Virtual WAN", Under which is connection status information for WAN3, WAN4 and WAN5.

So, as I am already using WAN1 and WAN2, having the option to use more WAN ports is very appealing.

But how do I set them up - It doesn't seem to be a documented, or available feature.

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2013 23:43 #75136 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2820 Vn Virtual WAN - How to use?
If you trying to bond them, i am not sure if you can just do this with draytek
If you need line bonding better talk to your isp or email draytek or of course wait till some more expert knows something more
As far i am aware the only i know draytek can do is to is triple play instructions here
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1878:faq-article-1878&Itemid=293&lang=en

• p17blo
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2013 23:56 #75138 by p17blo
Replied by p17blo on topic Re: 2820 Vn Virtual WAN - How to use?
Depends on your meaning of the word 'Bond' - I load balance already over 2 links. These aren't 'bonded' but obviously I get double the bandwidth (depends on what I am doing, how many other people are surfing etc).

So, I do have a 3 incoming links. If I could get the Draytek to act in exactly the same way as WAN1 and WAN2 that would suit me fine. I have to deal with this in a very convoluted way at the moment, and rather than buying a 3200/3900 as I already have the 2820Vn, and there is obviously something in the firmware already, just let me use it? :)

Paul

• p17blo
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2013 23:59 #75139 by p17blo
Just to add, TRIPLE-PLAY is definately NOT what I am looking at. TRIPLE-PLAY is the delivery of 3 services (ie Video, Voice, Internet), NOT delivery of 3 seperate but standard ADSL (or other) links, which is then load balanced.

More
12 Feb 2013 09:10 #75155 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2820 Vn Virtual WAN - How to use?
The extra WANs (WAN3, 4 & 5) are specifically for putting other services through ADSL though using different VPI / VCI settings, it's not used in the UK (well, not generally, IPTV stuff might these days). I don't think there's a way to implement an additional WANs on the 2830 beyond the ADSL, ethernet and 3g/USB.

• p17blo
  • Topic Author
More
13 Feb 2013 21:12 #75187 by p17blo
Yeah, I kinda worked that out in the end - Thanks for confirming.

Moderators: Sami