Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 v2 multi-pvc

• boristhespider
  • Topic Author
More
15 Feb 2013 01:16 #1 by boristhespider
Vigor 120 v2 multi-pvc was created by boristhespider
Hi everyone,

I have a vigor 120 v2 which, in contrast to the v1, doesn't have multi-PVC in the web UI.

I think it is capable of multiple PVCs though, using the "adsl ppp" command via telnet. I just want to confirm that if possible, and get some advice on if I have this correct.

At the moment, it is in the default configuration, basically translating PPPoA to PPPoE so my pfsense can do the PPP authentication with my provider. The encapsulation is VC-MUX and the VPI/VCI are 0/38 as is common for UK providers. All this is set in the web UI.

My provider are doing IPTV and from what I can gather from the settings in their provided router, I think they are encapsulating IGMP in bridged LLC.

I think I need to do something like:

adsl ppp 1 0 65 2 2 4

The synatax shown in the manual is "adsl ppp pvc_no vci vpi encap proto modu acqIP"

So in my example above, I'm setting up pvc 1 (where they start at zero, and the 0/38 VC-MUX pvc configured in the web interface is presumably pcv 0), saying it has vci/vpi of 0/65 (as found in the configuration of the isp provided router), the encapsulation is type 2 (llc bridge), the protocol is type 2 (MPoA), the modulation is type 4 (multimode). This is all based on what I can infer from the ISP router, which had 0/65 set up as LLC and a "bridged" box ticked, it also had no authentication details for this PVC which is why I think it must be MPoA rather than PPP.

I have then not put anything for acqIP because I don't think I want the vigor to acquire an IP address - I want it to bridge ethernet frames over ATM to my provider, such that my pfsense box will dhcpdiscover and get an IP address (and I'll then run an IGMP proxy on the pfsense, to proxy to the IPTV box). I haven't tried running this command yet, so I don't know if just leaving this out will work. It seems to me that what I really want the vigor to do is to simply bridge AAL5/ATM straight onto ethernet, such that the frames arriving at the ethernet interface of my pfsense are exactly what arrived on the ADSL side of the modem, just encapsulated in ethernet rather than ATM.

As you can probably tell, I'm a little mystified by all of this - I've never dealt with multi-pvcs before, nor do I have any IGMP or multicast experience.

If anyone here has done this before, and input you can provide would be very welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami