DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Adding a 'notes/memo' field to settings

• allat39
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2013 09:02 #1 by allat39
I would like to see a 'Notes' field (in 2 parts) added to (at least) the main settings.

• The first part of the
notes field should be already pre-programmed by Draytek with simple brief notes. (Not changeable unless by bios update)
Although most of the Draytek stuff is reasonably understandable, there are certain times when some 'getting started' notes would be great if they were provided attached to the item that needs configuring :-)

The second part of the field allows the user to put in their own notes.
The idea is that to make it easier why a certain setting was used, and reminding what else in the router needs to be changed and why!
I would also think this would make continuity within IT department easier , because the incoming IT bod would be able to read this and more quickly grasp the what and why.

Finally, these features needs to be retained in the config file as well. This is so that each config file would retain and show the changes that were made over time - and why. In case of restoring to an earlier time it makes diagnostics easier.

I hope you can see the advantages in allowing both industrial and home users to get up and running quickly without using a manual, but instead have subject / item specific fields with help on tap.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami