Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850 rebooting multiple times per day

• wildwalker
  • Topic Author
More
20 Feb 2013 17:46 #75283 by wildwalker
Replied by wildwalker on topic Re: Vigor 2850 rebooting multiple times per day
Hello Kinsy,

I have spoken to support, and they sent me the following code: v2850001_r33384 (thank you very much), which is reported by the router as 3.6.3_RC1. This updates the firmware and modem code.

The router has now been up for 48Hrs without any line drops or router reboots, and has been running for 24hrs of that with the wireless enabled. While there are only four of us at home, we have a multitude of wireless devices, we all have a tablet and a mobile phone, one of my daughters also has a wireless iPod and I have laptops etc.

We connected them all and all is fine. It's difficult for me to comment on the dhcp as I set up a pool of 50 addresses and have probably only used around 10, but I will keep an eye on it, funnily enough the reason I use my Vigor for DHCP is that when I started my network (Windows 2000 server originally) annoyingly windows DHCP service used to stop giving out addresses too (albeit after a few months)

Alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2013 08:53 #75284 by kinsy
I have the same firmware & I still have issues. The repeaters are handling the wireless connection, but after several hours any new device connected cannot get an IP.

I've already set the DHCP connection pool to 200+ and the lease timeout to 16 hours(57600 seconds). There are only 30-50 devices connected to the router at this point, and it's still causing the issue.

More
21 Feb 2013 09:04 #75285 by voodle
try out the beta firmware on the UK downloads page, they just put it up there, it appears to be quite a bit newer than what you've got loaded right now

More
21 Feb 2013 14:37 #75289 by babis3g

Voodle wrote: try out the beta firmware on the UK downloads page, they just put it up there, it appears to be quite a bit newer than what you've got loaded right now

THANKS FOR THAT...
ABOUT TIME ... THEY DECIDED TO GIVE SOME BETAS OUT
I had to run at Polish FTP all the time if is anything new or bother the support with email each time

More
21 Feb 2013 21:42 #75294 by kinsy
Firmware uploaded. Remote access is back. Progress!

Router hasn't given me any trouble since we moved the 2nd VLAN onto their separate network on a 2820.

I'll have to leave it a couple of weeks before I suggest moving them back onto the 2850!

Moderators: Sami