Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750n - Pre-Purchase question

• stoofa
  • Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2013 11:30 #75244 by stoofa
2750n - Pre-Purchase question was created by stoofa
Hi,
I really couldn't decide if this was the right forum for this question - so I'll ask it here and see what happens.
I've been on BT Infinity 2 for a few months now. All is more or less OK, however the requirement for separate modem and HH3 is a slight annoyance. Also I'm finding the wireless on the HH3 to be "patchy".
I have been told (from users) that the Vigor 2750n works with BT Infinity, is easy to setup and the wireless has both great range and signal strength - wow, a win all around.
So before jumping in and making the purchase I decide to do a quick "Google" for others opinions. Every now and again I'm reading "Could not get this to work with Infinity" & "Great device if only it worked for me".
Very basically, although plenty of happy owners there are those that have had problems and have been unable to get this working.
Am I likely to hit problems or as a rule should this just plug straight in and away I go? I've found the FAQ which details setup for this device with Infinity:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_v2750_setup.html
Is this all I need to know? Lastly it mentions adding in your "username/password" as supplied by your ISP. I don't remember BT ever giving me these details as the HH3 came fully configured. Can I find this out at all?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2013 13:53 #75245 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2750n - Pre-Purchase question
To my opinion it all depending your line if will work good for you and maybe that is why you see for some not works
Example if your line is far from cabinet or is noise etc

If you go for it best is to get it from a decent shop where they will take it back, if you have any issues(with the cooling return policy period)

As for user name some are using the supplied from isp and some using bthomehub with pass blank or space

• stoofa
  • Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2013 14:50 #75247 by stoofa
Replied by stoofa on topic Re: 2750n - Pre-Purchase question
Hi,

Thanks for your response.
Buying mail order means I get 7 days to return the item - the DSR are good for that, so long as it's "packaged as new" when returned.
My Infinity line synced at the full 80/20 and I get (from speed tests) 74/16 so I guess that I've got a good connection.

It's certainly the case more people are having no issue. It's just every time I'm ready to make the purchase I read a post from someone who is :)

More
18 Feb 2013 15:15 #75249 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2750n - Pre-Purchase question
You got good line and the problem is if your area has got good compatibility with the 2850n
In the worst case, i believe, you may got slightly upload speed as from what i have read is common with all drayteks

If you want to a have a better wifi and needs of use better options/settings from the router then can not comment, as is your personal use
Personal opinion ... You will have to take your risk if you want it just for speed

But if you can wait maybe a 2750n user reply you soon with expirience

More
18 Feb 2013 18:11 #75257 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: 2750n - Pre-Purchase question
I was having severe problems getting my 2750n connecting to BT Infinity, but the latest firmware solved all my problems.

I would thoroughly recommend it.

Mike.

Moderators: Sami