Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware upgrade failure

• quickjump
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2013 12:21 #75298 by quickjump
Firmware upgrade failure was created by quickjump
Hi All,

I have a 2820n and have just tried to upgrade the firmware but it appears to have gone wrong and the router is not working. When I start it up it appears to start in TFTP mode for a few miuntes (ACT, USB & WAN all flashing simultaneously) and then after a few minutes all three of the lights go solid.

I tried the initial upgrade of the firmware using router tools but the router failed to re-boot and factory reset didn't work. I then tried installing the firmware via TFTP and that fails with ACK timeout.

Can anyone give me any pointers? Extremely frustrating as it looks like this router is dead and I'm going to have to revert to a BT home hub :shock: !

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• quickjump
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2013 14:01 #75300 by quickjump
Replied by quickjump on topic Re: Firmware upgrade failure
Ok, turns out this was due to an error between chair and keyboard... :oops:

Having flashed firmware on routers dozens of times and ranking myself as a competent IT profesional I never thought I would do this but I flashed with the wrong firmware! In my defence I downloaded for the VigorIPPBX 2820n rather than the Vigor 2820n but it's still a rooky mistake.

Anyway, I downloaded the correct version (3.3.5.2 first then 3.3.7.3) and all is working fine!

Hope my mistake might help others to resolve any issues they might come across.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami