Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

TX Rate(Bps) Vigor 2850VN

• wildwalker
  • Topic Author
More
27 Feb 2013 10:53 #75365 by wildwalker
TX Rate(Bps) Vigor 2850VN was created by wildwalker
Hello all,

A question about TX Rate(Bps) on my routers Physical Connection status page. This figure is showing a lot between 15000 and 33000, and I wanted to ask if this is bits per second (so 33000/8 = 4.125 Kilabits per second) or whether it is already Kb/s and I am constantly uploading 30kbs (I only get 40Kbs ul max)

Secondly, is the Vigor accurate, and only counts packets leaving the router via the WAN interface?

I am pulling my hair out because I am monitoring my PCs, and they are not really doing anything on the network when idle, yet I am seeing seemingly large, constant upload stream?

Alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2013 10:55 #75366 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: TX Rate(Bps) Vigor 2850VN
you can't really work out throughput from the online status page (because those packets could be tiny or reaching the full MTU), it's better to check the diagnostics - data flow monitor, that'll also show which IP is using bandwidth.

• wildwalker
  • Topic Author
More
27 Feb 2013 11:18 #75369 by wildwalker
Replied by wildwalker on topic Re: TX Rate(Bps) Vigor 2850VN
Thanks Voodle, I have looked at the data flow monitor page, it's just that the status page does state (Bps) so I figured it was okay to use :( There is a packet counter next to it though.

Is the information in the Data Flow Monitor page logged anywhere?

Alan.

More
27 Feb 2013 11:53 #75372 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: TX Rate(Bps) Vigor 2850VN
Hmm I might actually be thinking of the 2600 when I say you can't work out the sizes from the online status page (I don't check it often), those figures on the online status page might be accurate after all. The data flow monitor information isn't logged, you should look at smart monitor if you want logging of data usage per IP but that's separate software that needs to run on a PC

• wildwalker
  • Topic Author
More
27 Feb 2013 12:28 #75373 by wildwalker
Replied by wildwalker on topic Re: TX Rate(Bps) Vigor 2850VN
OK Thanks Voodle :)

I will keep an eye on it and use a combination of the two.

Alan.

Moderators: Sami