DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2920 with 3.6.3 rebooting itself

• gaynorc
  • Topic Author
More
28 Feb 2013 15:23 #75383 by gaynorc
I upgraded to firmware 3.6.3 last week. Since then we have found the router reboots itself at intervals varying from every few minutes to every few hours, even during night. Is anyone else experienceing this on the 2920 with 3.6.3? Any work arounds?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2013 01:06 #75389 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2920 with 3.6.3 rebooting itself
Hi
Had installed 3.6.3 few days ago and keep it on for an other few days and did not face any issues

Points to note

After updating HTC phones with latest android firmware are reports at wifi sections causing reboots to drayteks
I am not sure if this has affected and the 2920 models

If you don't have any android in your network then did you use rst* file when upgrading to 3.6.3 and do all settings from the begin?
If will not use rst* file ... previous bags may present to newest firmware and if use previous config file may cos problems if new features was added at next firmware

More
01 Mar 2013 01:06 #75390 by babis3g
Hi
Had installed 3.6.3 few days ago and keep it on for an other few days and did not face any issues

Points to note

After updating HTC phones with latest android firmware are reports at wifi sections causing reboots to drayteks
I am not sure if this has affected and the 2920 models

If you don't have any android in your network then did you use rst* file when upgrading to 3.6.3 and do all settings from the begin?
If will not use rst* file ... previous bags may present to newest firmware and if use previous config file may cost problems if new features was added at next firmware

• gaynorc
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2013 12:14 #75398 by gaynorc
Replied by gaynorc on topic Re: Vigor 2920 with 3.6.3 rebooting itself
Its definitely an android issue. We removed the two androids from the LAN last night and no rebooting since. So the rebooting issue also affects the 2920 (nb not a wifi router). Obviously the android users want back on. I have raised a support ticket and await contact from Draytek UK.

More
02 Mar 2013 01:01 #75408 by babis3g
Guessing weekend their offices are close, if you can not wait till then ... i have upload here a beta from Polish FTP
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6h1b69

I don't know the reason all betas from all models are all down from Polish FTP but a person in the family here using android and to me it did not reboot
Go down page blue small window where it says " Click here to start download from sendspace" but wait about 30sec as is free account

Again not sure if you want to try (& if will work) but to me is working ok
I did not done master reset as is 3.6.3 fimware as well ... just loaded the only all* file as it is

• gaynorc
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2013 12:06 #75428 by gaynorc
Replied by gaynorc on topic Re: Vigor 2920 with 3.6.3 rebooting itself
Thanks to all for the advice given.
Just to let you know that Draytek UK kindly supplied me with firmware r34005 version (which when installed reads "Firmware Version : beta_0414 ") and the router has been working without incident for nearly three days now.

Moderators: Sami