DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Problems with draytek 2110n router

• doomed
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2013 10:31 #75465 by doomed
Problems with draytek 2110n router was created by doomed
Just got one of these from ebay... unused.
Took it out, looks brand new, no packaging opened, still had plastic protective covers stuck to sides.
Plugged it in... heres where the problems start...

Switched on and 7 lights start to flash together on and off about 2-3 times a second. The lights are ACT, WLAN, USB, VPN, QoS, DoS, WPS... and the WPS on the front as well.
I have looked on the tinternet and my best guess is it is stuck in TFTP mode. I have tried factory resets, different cables, different PCs, but cannot connect to or ping the modem. Even my computer says there is no network cable plugged in. I've changed computers ip to static. I've tried the firmware upgrade tool in compatibility mode but it times out. I have vigorously used offensive language at it with little or no response, just the continual mocking lights flashing at me. If I switch it off and on, the lights go directly into the flashing mode.

Anybody any ideas before I bitchslap it?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2013 13:53 #75470 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Problems with draytek 2110n router
If the seller at ebay is not taking back try with the latest firmware update tool again
Firmware Upgrade V.3.6.5 (Windows) ... down of the page
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads.html
This page, i am sure will help you
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html
It has instructions if facing time outs and how to update it under the conditions you described
Give COUPLE of go's

Hey if you going to bicthslap it ... please give to me, if i fix it ... i will pay some amount back but i am sure you will make it work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami