DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 + BT Infinity + OrangeHome

• rcpaul2000
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2013 21:55 #75507 by rcpaul2000
2830 + BT Infinity + OrangeHome was created by rcpaul2000
I am an Orange Home customer and have just upgraded to Fibre Broadband which meant having a visit from BT to install their Infinity gear. Orange supplied one of their EE Brightbox modems at the same time. After a few teething troubles using the BT box connected to the EE Brightbox I now get 20Mb/s download and 1Mb/s upload. :P

If I swap out the EE Brightbox for my 2830 and set it to use WAN2 I get 2-3Mb/s download :cry: ...........I've just upgraded the firmware on the 2830 to 3.6.3_db_211801 but it hasn't made any difference in the speed.

Any ideas about what I've missed in re-configuring my 2830?

Thanks

RCPAUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2013 04:07 #75508 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830 + BT Infinity + OrangeHome
Here few points to care.The wans or other features your are not using is better to disable them because it will not make tired the router

-WAN >> General Setup
Wan 1 >>Enable NO
Wan 3 >>Enable: NO
Wan 2>> Enable YES >>Active Mode: always ON
Click OK
★ (you can come back later and set VLAN Tag insertion : enable>> Tag Value 101 ... if speed not go up)

-WAN >> Internet Access
Disable wan 1 & 3
Wan 2 use PPPOE tab>>details page>>top left enable>> may needs user name & pass>> click ok

Not sure if EE needs there static or dynamic IP or PPTP/L2TP (Talk Talk needs static or dynamic but BT infinity needs PPPOE) so give a try at other mode/options if PPPOE not connecting

-WAN >> Multi-PVCs >> disable the ones not use

-Firewall >> DoS defense Setup>> set them over 450 - 750 & untick Block Unassigned Numbers
OR disable all of them (turn off DoS)

- Bandwidth Management disable all and QoS make sure is inactive & also untick Enable the First Priority for VoIP SIP/RTP

★ If still not works then try the tag value 101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami