DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 xbox nat problem

• scripter
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2013 18:18 #75598 by scripter
2830 xbox nat problem was created by scripter
right so i got my new 2830 today and decided to try and setup for both my xboxes to connect however there are nat issues i know the problem but im not sure how to fix as never used a router with so many advanced settings until now.

so i have 1 xbox on lan 1 and the other on lan 2 the problem is being caused due to the vlan option which as the 2 xboxes are on different gateways they cannot see each other so the xboxes are both choosing 3074 port which cannot work together on these as the 2nd xbox always gets a random port once the 3074 is allocated.

i then selected the vlan option to bring them both into the same lans so they should then be visible to each other which should be correct.

the problem i have then is the general lan setup i need both the xboxes connecting to the same gateway and not sure about how to set this up i will show the way i have setup at the moment but unsure if this is correct.

and then i need to know how to configure the settings within the details page so that the 2 lan ports use the same ip gateway and that they all operate on the same ports other than that i could use the lan1 port with a switch but dont really want do this as a long term fix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 19:23 #75599 by biffa72
Replied by biffa72 on topic Re: 2830 xbox nat problem
I know this isn't much help.

I was told draytex vigor routers can't support 2 xboxes at the same time, correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm seriously thinking of buying one of these if they work with more the one xbox, can you recommend?

• scripter
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2013 20:11 #75600 by scripter
Replied by scripter on topic Re: 2830 xbox nat problem
i cant see that it wouldnt work with more than one xbox as i have used many routers before and had no problems other than the one im having now which i feel is down to the lan setup other than that i dont know and havent read anything about not being able to have 2 connected

• scripter
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2013 20:24 #75601 by scripter
infact i just tried my old router which is a dlink dir-615 connected to lan port 1 on draytek and used the dlink with obtain ip via dhcp placed the dlink into the dmz and connected both xboxes and both open ports assume that if i also did this via the 4 port switch i have it would most probably work however i cant find the power adaptor at the mo.

need to find out how to bridge lan 1 and 2 together and then try the nat type again and hopefully they will work and both be open like i said in original post its because lan 1 cant see xbox on lan 2 which is why im having nat issues.

More
17 Mar 2013 11:17 #75602 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2830 xbox nat problem
try the older 3.3.7.1 firmware from ftp.draytek.com
upnp is a bit wrong with the newer firmware, which I think is causing your problem.
also make sure to use upnp rather than port forwarding - if you havent got it enabled, it's under the applications - upnp menu, just enable the first option on there

• scripter
  • Topic Author
More
18 Mar 2013 19:37 #75615 by scripter
yeh i read this somewhere else and has fixed the problem now and is operateing as should be thanks for your help much appriciated

Moderators: Sami