DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3900 web interface unresponsive but provides routing

• redmonkey
  • Topic Author
More
18 Mar 2013 21:25 #75616 by redmonkey
Hi,
I have a Vigor 3900 running firmware 1.0.6, however it has a problem in that quite often all management interfaces (telnet, http) are unresponsive, but it carries on providing internet.
When it is like this it won't allow you to access it via http or telnet instead the browser / telnet client will sit waiting, almost as if keep-alive is working but nothing else.
Also VPN's don't work when this happens, if I look at the traffic graph for the WAN's they show no internet activity when the router goes "funny" even though I know there has been.
I would say that I have to hard reset the router to bring it back to life which is what I normally do, however once it came back to life of it's own accord and then the other day after 2 days of not coming back I reset it.
I have 3 wan's (2 static, 1 dynamic), 1 lan interface connected to a network switch and the other port mirroring lan1 and connected to a pc running smartmonitor.
Anyone with any ideas as to what this could be? This unit is being used so I can't really play around trying different firmware levels etc unfortunately.
Thanks
Ned

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2013 18:25 #75623 by rmnwit
Hi Ned,

We have had issues with this on four 3900s and have escalated to Vigor along with some other issues. They are working on a new firmware to fix issues with the hardware failover and VPN trunking. Hopefully hear something end of this week. The two routers that's this happens on for us the most are in Germany so makes things exciting!!

Thanks

Ross

More
20 Mar 2013 18:03 #75634 by freedom
Add me to the list.

Last few weeks it would go funny and not serve dhcp requests and would need a power cycle. Now it won't work at all and tftp mode fails too. Now support are closed ;(

• redmonkey
  • Topic Author
More
02 Apr 2013 16:52 #75744 by redmonkey
Hi,
Thank you both for confirming that there are known issues with the 3900's. Do we have any update as whether Draytek are doing anything about it? This is driving me insane, I shouldn't have to be rebooting a £500 router.
Thanks
Ned

Moderators: Sami