DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850 very slowwwwwww in Firefox

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
19 Mar 2013 11:55 #75619 by ncollingridge
2850 very slowwwwwww in Firefox was created by ncollingridge
If I log on to my 2850 (3.6.3 - latest version at time of writing) using Firefox (19.0.2 - also latest version as of writing) the UI is incredibly slow, taking around 9-10 secs to load each page, but if I use Safari (6.0.3) it is extremely snappy - essentially instantaneous moving between pages. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I haven't tried with other browsers at this time because Firefox and Safari between them suit my needs, so I haven't bothered installing any others. I also haven't tried from a PC at this time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2013 12:13 #75667 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2850 very slowwwwwww in Firefox
I think you will find Draytek only recommend you use IE for management.

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2013 14:28 #75669 by ncollingridge
Replied by ncollingridge on topic Re: 2850 very slowwwwwww in Firefox
In this day and age that really is very pathetic. It's not as if a router can need to employ anything that sophisticated as far as the HTML is concerned, so making it compatible with multiple browsers should be pretty trivial compared to the task that some websites face which work well on all the main browsers.

Luckily Safari works great, but it is frustrating to have to use a specific browser when I use Firefox for all of the rest of my browsing; others must face the same issue.

More
22 Mar 2013 16:53 #75670 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2850 very slowwwwwww in Firefox
I just tied with firefox V19.0.2 is is really fast here and my 2850n with Beta 3.6.3_r34169 from UK download page (note i tried from my PC wired)
Maybe is an add on/plug in causing this or a security issue or try to clear all history and cache of the firefox

Moderators: Sami