DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

High Useage

• hornetsoft
  • Topic Author
More
19 Mar 2013 18:25 #75624 by hornetsoft
High Useage was created by hornetsoft
I have a DrayTek Vigor 2130n setup in a shared student house and someone is downloading all day long and want to find out who it is or block them does anyone know of a good way of finding out where they are downloading from or finding out the IP they have and blocking it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2013 18:47 #75625 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: High Useage
Go to Diagnostics >> Data Flow Monitor

Watch there the activity (should show in the Kbps section the current bandwich and which ip address) or watch from there the activity of the users
When you find out which one it is the most in use... go to

LAN >> Bind IP to MAC
set auto log off to OFF as it will take you long time
(watch regular as friends of visitors may appear from time to time)

when a device example their laptop connect getting an ip address. when disconnect and connect again , same device may get different ip address ... so this hard to find so ..

tick enable
this should give automatic a static (same ip for each user(device)
It should automatic appear all users ip once enable

then the ip from data flow monitor that you suspecting is the heavy user .. find it at bind ip to mac and add it at right page... then click tab Strict Bind
The one or any other you adding at right list should be blocked

I am sure if you practice little time you will figure it out

That is why the drayteks are classed as business

You can also can be more generous by going to Bandwidth Management and set restrict access with out block them... but i never used this so come back later if some one else have any suggestion by just limiting the bandwich of all users so your internet or the other students will not complain and they can have a fair access just for surfing for their news entertainment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami