Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n adsl connection and network issues

• bandicoot
  • Topic Author
More
27 Mar 2013 12:24 #75694 by bandicoot
2830n adsl connection and network issues was created by bandicoot
Hi

I have a few Drayteks with different clients but having problems with one in particular. A 2830n on the latest firmware 3.6.3sb (211801 alternative but also tried normal)...

Router is plugged into filter (tried three filters and a different router) and into phone line. Also have old analogue phone plugged into test the phone line. Router is connected to switch and from there connected to Windows 2003 SBS and mixture of Windows XP, Vista and 7 PCs. Router is DHCP server.

Computers can't ping the server and can't ping server on the internet. They can ping the router though.
Router shows WAN1 as enabled but down.
When you try the phone, it is dead. If you turn the router off the line is still dead. If you unplug the router from the filter, the phone comes on.

The line and filters have been tested with a different router and are fine.

Just sounds like faulty wiring within router?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2013 18:31 #75700 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n adsl connection and network issues
Hi.Just some basic advise really
About pc, can not ping server can not help as never used one but have a loook link below if you find something helpfull
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/router_faq.html
I will also say maybe a wrong connection/set up with server or switch so to connect a pc direct to 2830 and see if works

About Phone is not working when 2830 is in place have you checked at 2830 web UI and WAN >> General Setup if is enable and always on?

Also try after checking the specific page if is adsl is enable ... to check if has the right model and firmware (SB or DB)
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_2830_dual_band.html

If still all fine then i would suggest take out any filter and connect direct to master socket or if possible to test master socket if is any
If is still not any internet and the adsl light is not on ... then it may be something wrong with the 2830 it self due to wrong firmware?

• bandicoot
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2013 09:04 #75706 by bandicoot
Replied by bandicoot on topic Re: 2830n adsl connection and network issues
Hi

Thanks for the response...

I will also say maybe a wrong connection/set up with server or switch so to connect a pc direct to 2830 and see if works

Swap draytek for old router and connection restored, put draytke back in and its down again. Draytek was working fine day before. This isnt an external cabling issue.

About Phone is not working when 2830 is in place have you checked at 2830 web UI and WAN >> General Setup if is enable and always on?

It is enabled and is always on. Draytek was working fine before. When I say that phone isnt working when Draytek connected and not turned on. I mean the Drayek is powered off but connected to filter, the phone doesnt have a dialtone. If I unplug the cable from Draytek to filter, the phone dialtone comes on. Since DRaytek is powered off, rules out for me the config of the router.

to check if has the right model and firmware (SB or DB)

Has the correct firmware which is SingleBand.

When internet is down, the DSL light is on but status shows disconnected.

I would suggest take out any filter and connect direct to master socket or if possible to test master socket if is any
If is still not any internet and the adsl light is not on ... then it may be something wrong with the 2830 it self due to wrong firmware?

Tried three filters so dont think it is a filter issue. already connected to Master Socket. It is the current up to date correct firmware and tried two types, both standard and slow internet version.

Stuart

Moderators: Sami