DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2920n WAN's dropping

• neilb1701
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2013 11:56 #75755 by neilb1701
Draytek 2920n WAN's dropping was created by neilb1701
Hi we have a 2920n installed with two ADSL connections from two different suppliers, Virgin and BT.

Every few days the WAN1 and WAN2 connection lights will drop and internet access is not possible. You can't connect to the Draytek manager via the network or direct connection. The quick fix is simply to turn off and back on again. The lights where the cables are attached to the Draytek are blinking as normal and the ACT light blinks.

Both ISP's confirm that from there point of view there ADSL modems are operating OK. They can also see that they are connected to some device, e.g. the Draytek.

Both WAN's are set to always on within the configuration. I have updated the firmware to the latest version and Draytek support have even suggested I try a beta version. But it has just failed again.

Before today the last time the connection dropped was on 29 March (Good Friday holiday) when the office was closed so the network traffic was very light.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2013 13:25 #75757 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2920n WAN's dropping
Hi
When changing firmwares are you using the *rst* file ?? Or doing master reset and then start all settings from the begin(i know is too much for some users) with out loading previous config file?
If not (and just using the *all* file may a bug from previous version coming to current version

Also a good point to check if you can replace the power supply with an other and see how is going and also if you have too many devices connected at wall electric socket may causing lower voltage issue to the 2920

• neilb1701
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2013 14:06 #75758 by neilb1701
Replied by neilb1701 on topic Re: Draytek 2920n WAN's dropping
Hi thank you for your reply. Draytek only sent me the .all firmware file, the configuration was from scratch on all occasions, and the power comes from a fully charged brand new UPS so I know the voltage etc should be fine.

The only thing I can think of doing is wiping the firmware with a rst file and see if that helps. Its very odd that it will work for a couple of days or even up to a week before just dropping.

More
14 Apr 2013 20:00 #75854 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Draytek 2920n WAN's dropping
babis3g suggested changing the power supply. I replied to a recent problem where the modem was behaving similarly and as I suggested it turned out to be a faulty power supply brick. Well worth a check.

Moderators: Sami