Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2920n Slow Download, fast Upload.

• isyproblem
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2013 17:05 #75772 by isyproblem
Vigor 2920n Slow Download, fast Upload. was created by isyproblem
Hi

I'm currently using a Draytek Vigor 2920n with a BT openreach modem (Fibre connection) my ISP is Zen. I had a problem before where the DSL kept dropping and I constantly lost connection, during this time I updated the firmware of my router to version (3.6.3) and tried various things and discovered it was just my modem overheating so BT replaced it and the connection was fixed. Since then my Draytek has been giving me a slow download speeds and when I say slow its between 3mb-10mb but the upload speed has remained at 16mb. All Bandwidth Management settings are disabled/inactive.

I've performed a speed test on multiple machines and received the same results. I set-up a PPPoE connection using my laptop and ran a speed test using BT WholeSale and got 65mb download result, I spoke to my ISP and they told me my router could be faulty I then purchased another Draytek 2920n which came today firmware version (3.6.1) set it up using the wizards and again I'm stuck with the same speeds.

I really have no clue what is wrong unless there is a factory setting on the router restricting my bandwidth, I'm not a expert when it comes to this technical stuff I just know enough to get my by.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I.Y

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2013 17:55 #75773 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2920n Slow Download, fast Upload.
If you doing the tests wireless (over wi-fi) it could be normal
Try do speed tests with ethernet cable
If you using cable check at QoS make sure is off & also DoS to be off or set it higher levels and try again with cable as wireless most of cases will get lower speed

• isyproblem
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2013 19:35 #75776 by isyproblem
Replied by isyproblem on topic Re: Vigor 2920n Slow Download, fast Upload.
Thanks for replying

All tests are done using Ethernet cable and the DoS and QoS are already disabled.

Moderators: Sami