DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Proxy/VPN Rediretion

• tomask
  • Topic Author
More
06 Apr 2013 19:20 #1 by tomask
Proxy/VPN Rediretion was created by tomask
I am looking for some advice for router selection / configuration for a dual WAN setup in Spain. The current situation is there is a 2820vn router with dual wan setup in a villa in Spain which currently has a tooway satellite and a basic adsl connection attached to it. There is a youview box and sky HD box and various other bits and pieces setup on the network over there which we would like to get setup to work over the tooway to receive British TV (iplayer etc) on it. We had a look at smartdns which is fine over the ADSL as we can set the DNS entries and this works no problem however we have an issue with the line only being 1meg (on a good day) so not enough bandwidth to be honest, and to add further to the annoyance we have to use the supplied DNS for the satellite or it wont work correctly so its not really an option.

We have been provided proxy details from too way for a uk VPN and this works fine from a pc setup point of view as we can run up the VPN and login to it etc, we can also set this up on the Drayek router but i am at a loss as to how to divert the traffic from certain IP's down this to force it to use this connection so it picks up the correct locale etc. I know we can drop the ADSL then it will allow us to send all traffic down it but this does not do exactly what we want it to do as we also have an IP phone which we cannot use on the tooway satellite as the latency is far too high also some devices we would like to work on from a Spanish locale.

So my questions are:

1) can we do this with the current setup if so any advice would be helpful?
2) if not do any of the draytek devices support this and have dual wan?

Thank you for any assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami