Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2850n Problems

• chrispardoe2102
  • Topic Author
More
08 Apr 2013 09:35 #75785 by chrispardoe2102
Draytek 2850n Problems was created by chrispardoe2102
Hello All,,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me..

I purchased a 2850n over the weekend to replace my 2820,,, And I've had nothing but problems with the 2850n,, I would like to be able to force people to login in order to use the internet and also for users to have time and data quota's, which I need to be reset every 12 hours. I can set up the one off limits and the default limits but as soon as I try and bring in a scheduled event to reset the quota's back to defauts the problems start... when a user tries to go on the internet they get asked for user name and password but as soon as these are entered the get redirected to what looks like an internal address in the router and it stops there....

Also noticed this morning that the router was only giving half of the login page and you could not login correctly....

Also I've noticed that the default time and data quota's in the users setup screen are the wrong way around...

Anybody have any ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chrispardoe2102
  • Topic Author
More
08 Apr 2013 19:32 #75793 by chrispardoe2102
Replied by chrispardoe2102 on topic Re: Draytek 2850n Problems
This useless router had crashed again, only half of the users login page showing again and unable to login... Power cycle fixes the problem for a while!!!

What a useless router.....

Draytek need fix this fast.....

More
09 Apr 2013 00:24 #75795 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2850n Problems
i have mine for one year and have not the issues you have mentioned, so it must be the specific unit

I would suggest (IF is Not pain to set up all settings manually from the begin) to do a master reset from the small front pin hall and load the latest firmware beta from here
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads.html
... After beta r34169 loaded ... master reset one more time and do all settings manually from the begin (not use back up file)

If still makes problem you can wait some more help (but some times here is slow) or contact the support

• chrispardoe2102
  • Topic Author
More
10 Apr 2013 07:46 #75806 by chrispardoe2102
Replied by chrispardoe2102 on topic Re: Draytek 2850n Problems
Problem fixed with firmware update, emailed support and got the latest build 3.6.4 which appears to have fixed the problems...

Thanks for the info babis3g...

More
10 Apr 2013 14:31 #75811 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2850n Problems
ahh nice and thanks you for the info as well that there is one 3.6.4 coming soon :)

Moderators: Sami