• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
09 Apr 2013 17:52 #75803 by babis3g
2830n SB Question was created by babis3g
Hi

I am having & was using almost most of time for over an year a 2850n, but because i don't have infinity (fibre/vdsl) at current new address & it will never come where i am now .... because the line is not going via cabinet but is direct to exchange ... i find at ebay a great deal about a 2830n ... so i just got it :D

It is much more better than the 2850n for my adsl & cable VM connection
For the adsl wan 1, it seems (at least for now) will not give much errors (RX CRC errs)

For the wan 2 is got a dedicated wan & it is giving all the speed with my VM 100mb connection ... while the 2850n it will vary from 70-85mb and very rear times will go more than 90mb with same cat 6 straight networking ethernet cable & exactly the same settings with the 2850n (DoS, always on, auto negotiation etc)

Also is not getting warm as the 2850n
I think this is the one i should have from the begin :D

I have 2 questions Please and this why i am posting

1-
With my 2850n i could change the MTU via the web UI .. WAN >> Internet Access
At the 2830n i can not see the MTU settings. i also looked at draytek.com and is still not showing with the live demo even there ... so can not be wrong the used one i got from ebay
Any ideas if can change the MTU? or why is missing?

2-
Firmware 3.6.3_SB seems work ok/no problems so far (the little time i have it on and using it)... but has any one the new beta from the UK support? (the model i got is the Single Band -SB-)
It should be fix with the new beta for the android or HTC issue
(the Polish FTP where usually i was getting the betas ... for the 2830n only is realising for the Dual Band model & not the Single Band)

Thanks for your time Babis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
10 Apr 2013 14:34 #75812 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n SB Question
Update

Don't know what happened but when i was work the router seems reboot it self. When came back home the 2830n it was back on but not wi-fi. It will not appear either at menu router UI left at red options (Wireless Lan not there)

I am trying now to see any beta or via TFTP if will solve the problem

This is such a nice router for ADSL

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
13 Apr 2013 16:27 #75846 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n SB Question
Seems sorted and i am writing my small feedback

Many THANKS to UK support, they gave suggestions even i am out of warranty. Professional company
This 2830n i can say is really a beast indeed, after what i have done it to make it work

The 2830n its self is much better (at least the one came to my hands) than the 2850n for adsl
It will not leave spikes at monitor about every 15 mimutes. See my tests with the 2850n. Note the chipset and firmwares modem codes are exactly the same with both models
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17573
The wan 2 with my cable internet (remember cable connection has congestion from time to time) will reach often the 100mb my provider gives, comparable to the 2850n which will go around 80-90mb and very rear 90+
Wi_fi is 450 the max rate (only the single band model) at 2.4 band and has more signal than the 2850 where its 2.4 band is 300 max rate

If you are in an area where no FTTC BT infinity coming, like me ... this is the one 8) & i take the risk to recommend it
It is better, cheapest, dual wan with a separate wan incoming port so it is allowing you to use all 4 lan ports where the 2850 it will use one for the wan 2, with great support and is draytek

Ps
If the MODerator can move all the thread at Gems & Wisdom section please because is more like feedback in real world & my problem seems sorted. Thanks

Moderators: Sami