DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Question about ports.

More
12 Apr 2013 21:55 #75843 by shift
Question about ports. was created by shift
Hello guys, I have a quick question for you about my DrayTek Vigor2830 router.

I have two live internet connections going into my router, WAN1 - which is a slow phone line of about 2mps (The best I can get at my location) and WAN2 which is a microwave connection to the local exchange giving speeds in excess of 50mps.

I have not had this new fangled microwave connection long and I've been having a few issues with this regarding xbox live NAT types. In effect the ISP won't open up all the necessary ports to play Xbox live on an open NAT type.

Therefore I set my xbox on a static IP and changed it to use WAN1 only in order to get the open connection type required to play Xbox live, this works fine, but is obviously a slow connection.

My question is this, can I set the traffic from the Xbox to go through which ever connection will allow the port to be open? Ie.Can I route the the normal open ports used for things such as loading up youtube videos, on the superfast connection, and route the traffic that would go through the closed ports to go on the WAN1 connection?

I hope you understand what i'm getting at.

And it's not a router issue before you ask, everyone else on this microwave network has exactly the same problem.

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2013 12:59 #75857 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Question about ports.
you can create load balance rules and set what ever ports you like to go via what ever WAN port you want.

You can also do it at the data filter level as a rule in the firewall section

More
20 Apr 2013 15:23 #75905 by shift
Replied by shift on topic Re: Question about ports.
That's fantastic. Thanks for your help!

Moderators: Sami