DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Access to router via Dynamic DNS Service has stopped working

• robgreenwood
  • Topic Author
More
16 Apr 2013 11:22 #75868 by robgreenwood
Hi

I know this is discussed a great deal and normally comes down to initial config\port issues, however this is slightly different.

I've had my home router\servers working very happily for years using Dyn DNS on BT Infinity using a 2820vn. However over the past two days I am no longer able to connect to my router (on port 80) using a dynamic DNS service over the internet.

I've checked that the IP address at the DYN service is correct, it is.
I've tried another dynamic service to rule out DYN DNS, no joy there either.
Rebooted everything, forced new IP, no joy.
If I try to connect directly using the WAN IP address bingo, everything accessible.

It seems to be something between my device - dyn dns provider - BT - router, but I can't work out where. Has anyone seen anything like this or can suggest a mechanism for tracing where the link is being lost in this chain? For info I've been using a 3g connection to test external connectivity via iOS devices.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robgreenwood
  • Topic Author
More
24 Apr 2013 11:50 #75934 by robgreenwood
OK solved, as with most of these things a simple answer is staring you in the face.

Not sure what triggered wthis but my DYN DNS service can no longer be accessed using www.xxxxx.yyyy.com, it only works if I drop the www so xxxxx.yyyy.com is fine. Not sure why this worked one day but not the next, is anyone aware of changes to the dynamic dns provider specs recently?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami