Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Access to Router via Internet

• bill007
  • Topic Author
More
26 Apr 2013 15:01 #75950 by bill007
Access to Router via Internet was created by bill007
Hi all,

My first post so bear with me, also I'm not a techie :D However, I really need some help please

I have a Vigor 2820n at home connected to the internet.

I am working away from home and I want to be able to access my router via a web browser. I have enabled remote access but have no idea how to access the router va the web. e.g. what ip address do I put into the address bar to gain access?

Any help would be great appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2013 00:44 #75953 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Access to Router via Internet
Go to >>System Maintenance >> Management
Enable (Tick) Allow management from the Internet & press ok ... sometimes will reboot the router ... if yes use current configuration (all settings will remain the same)
Go to >>On line Status & Physical connection
Check/look for Wan status & take a note of the IP address (example 114.40.67.219)

Now go to any browser of mobile,laptop etc and type in that IP address... it will take you to the DrayTek log in page
This way it leaves you at higher risk as is more exposed to the whole internet ... so make sure to change the password of the log in page of the DrayTek ( System Maintenance >> Administrator Password Setup ) ... as default one (admin-admin) is been use everywhere

Also note ... if you have static IP address ... it will stay always the same (it depending the deal with your ISP or usually business account getting static IP)
If you have dynamic (usually normal residents)... after a reboot or a disconnection or even sometimes changing settings in your router ... it will change ... so it will not give you any access unless you know that ip again

You can also use VPN to communicate with your entire pc (only files, not desktop screen) but i never tried as i am using other software for accessing direct my desktop screen ... but you can do a search "setting VPN" if you are interesting or post here at VPN section if some one reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami