Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help with Sky fibre unlimited and 2820n connection and setup

• imacmart
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2013 16:46 #76059 by imacmart
HI All

New to these boards :)

I'm hoping some kind person can help me get my Draytek 2820n working on Sky Fibre MER, I see posts relating to the 3.3.7.2_RC3a firmware, not sure if that is still required or whether there is a full release now, I have the router on the latest version I downloaded and updated my router

Any pointers of support would be great

Many thanks ;)

Mart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2013 02:38 #76060 by babis3g
Hi ... i don't have sky but this thread may helps you apart contact support for beta ... if the 2820 has full relase
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17819&start=15#p74398

• imacmart
  • Topic Author
More
05 May 2013 08:45 #76061 by imacmart

babis3g wrote: Hi ... i don't have sky but this thread may helps you apart contact support for beta ... if the 2820 has full relase

Thanks I'll send support an email in that case

More
05 May 2013 20:30 #76063 by babis3g
So is not working the process mentioned at the link i have provided you???

I can see with latest firmare 3.3.7.4 is all ready there DHCP for use with sky at LAN >> General Setup tab and then "2nd subnet DHCP server" ... so it looks you don't need beta from support and is full release out, all ready (as in that post/link i have provided you, was old/ long time ago ... so by now seems full release firmware is all ready out)

If you don't have this feature in your LAN >> General Setup & "2nd subnet DHCP server" settings must be 2 reasons

1- you have old firmware

2- you load latest firmware and you have ignored this quote so it miss the new features

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not upgrade directly from 3.3.5 (and earlier) to 3.3.7.3 / 3.3.7.4
Due to differences in the Web UI and functionality the router MUST first be
upgraded to 3.3.5.2 prior to upgrading to 3.3.7.3 then 3.3.7.4

Upgrade your router to Version 3.3.5.2 first, and afterward upgrade the router
to Version 3.3.7.3 / 3.3.7.4

How ever it may still good to ask the support as i am not sky user (just pointed the post/thread/link if is good for you) and also seems any sky users are not logging in here often
An other help may be good direct at sky forums ... they are helping enough there as i have seen (long time ago) a similar thread special for fibre & 3rd part routers

More
18 May 2013 13:37 #76243 by lconnor
HI,

babis3g --> How did you get 3.3.7.4 as I have 3.3.7.3 and trying to get Sky Fibre working with no joy.
I have used WireShark to get the username and password and have setup to router as per instructions on

But still no joy, when I use WireShark to look at the user name and password going out on the 2820n its not getting populated.

I did ask for help from support over a week ago, but obviously they are not going to respond!

Many Thanks
Lee

More
18 May 2013 14:29 #76244 by babis3g
Not have Sky (have mentioned at my first post up) was just a suggestion hoping with latest firmware it should be ok
Once i have seen they have done it with older firmware i could not think with newest they will have stop supporting Sky ... Sorry :(

Moderators: Sami