Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760n Help

• killik
  • Topic Author
More
15 May 2013 11:53 #76198 by killik
Vigor 2760n Help was created by killik
Hello.
I recently upgraded my ADSL to VDSL. My ISP provided me with a new router, the ZTE ZXDSL 931WII.
But since i was using Vigor 2710n for my ADSL connection and i found it a very capable router, i decided to replace my ZTE with the newest Vigor 2760n which supports VDSL.
I transferred most of the settings from ZTE to Vigor, i enabled the VDSL connection but i cant connect to the internet yet because of these settings in the ZTE:

i dont know how to set these settings in the Vigor. the manual of the router is not of much help, the menus of 2760n and the ZTE are completely different to the menu of 2710n that i was used to,
and i am a bit novice with these things.

any ideas how i can configure the same settings in the 2760n? without these i simply can not connect to the internet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2013 14:02 #76202 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2760n Help
Very Interesting ... you are the first in here asking help for the 2760 model wowow...
In order to help (i am in UK right now so different settings apply) you need to say your current ISP (country) and ask your mates or ISP which is the ISP VTag number if they using one

Here some basic steps if will help you ... Go to
Network > WAN (left column)
Now top you will see 4 grey tabs status, dsl, bridge, usb, dsl mode on top of the page

tick DSL tab and try:

Profile Type: VDSL
Protocol: should be PPPoE (but bear in mind my isp is using DHCP so that is why if their customer support or any mate if can give you the correct settings)

User name,password can use your ISP account (usually the one you are login on line isp ) OR an other option is to leave this BLANK

MTU 1492 ... if can go to 1500 it may be better (but i think 1492 is the maximum for the 2760 model)

EDIT Default route: tick it

Always on: tick it

VLAN Encapsulation : tick it

VLAN ID: you need to find out which one your provider is using ... this very import

Now Go to DSL mode tab and choice VDSL only

That should be the basic connection steps so don't forget the apply button down of each page with the 2760n and so give a couple of tries with them settings including the VTag id

NOTE i don't have this modem so my suggestions are from my own experience
Good Luck 8)

More
15 May 2013 15:06 #76204 by babis3g
Hi again
I have done little more search and the VLAN ID 835 (from the picture you have provided ... which we need and is important) ... must be for conn-x or wind ... Greece ???
If yes then add it to Network > WAN >VLAN Encapsulation: tick it > vlan id: 835
I remember with my conn-x adsl connection in Greece was bridged so there is a case to go at bridge tab now (at same page window) and enable bridge and also maybe add the same vlan id there ... so try bridge with 0 or 385 at bridge tab page

• killik
  • Topic Author
More
15 May 2013 15:41 #76205 by killik
Replied by killik on topic Re: Vigor 2760n Help
Hello babis.

First of all, thank you very much for your help. and judging from your nick, you must also be Greek. ;)

Yes, my ISP is WIND from Greece and the VLAN ID is 835.

I have already done the first steps that you described.
first of all, i went to the WAN menu and i edited the default profile in the DSL tab like this:

http://i.imgur.com/Xgx2mOx.png

that enabled my connection with my ISP . the DNS menu of the router was automatically updated with the ISP's DNS IPs.

I went to the BRIDGE tab in the same menu, in the VDSL submenu, to bridge the ports with the vlan. but there were no available ports to configure.
so i went to LAN menu, edited the default profile and made port 4 available.
I went back to BRIDGE, port 4 was now available, i enabled VLAN encapsulation, set VLAN ID as 835,s elected port 4 but when i tried to save the settings, i got this error message:

http://i.imgur.com/G5NeWWQ.png

and now i am stuck there. :/

More
15 May 2013 15:46 #76206 by babis3g
Yes i am :)
Can you try first at bridge tab with 0 vlan id? or second attempt disable untick the bridge tab

• killik
  • Topic Author
More
15 May 2013 17:16 #76207 by killik
Replied by killik on topic Re: Vigor 2760n Help
hey babis.

i tried what you suggested but still no luck.
i set the id to 1 and i could save the new bridge profile. then i connected the cable to port4 but i still couldnt connect to the internet.
i think i ll send an email to the Draytek support and ask them to tell me what's the necessary steps to follow to setup this vlan-trunk thing with my vdsl.
it really has started hitting in my nerves. :/

Moderators: Sami