DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830n assistance

More
15 May 2013 12:44 #76200 by paladax
Vigor 2830n assistance was created by paladax
Hello there,

I am having a little problem and if anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Basically I have 2 of the Vigor boxes out in satellite offices. They are configured with a LAN to LAN vpn profile that has the "Change default route to this VPN tunnel ( Only single WAN supports this )" option ticked so as to allow users to connect back to the file servers at my main head office.

But what I want to achieve is to be able to setup a guest-wifi which does not connect to the internet through this VPN connection and therefore avoid it having my firewall rules applied to it (which it currently does as all the traffic is put along the VPN).
So I am not even sure if what I want to achieve is possible.
I have tried ticking the "Isolate VPN" option when I setup the Wifi for the guest but that doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2013 16:30 #76261 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Vigor 2830n assistance
Create a separate subnet for the Wifi network

More
22 May 2013 15:20 #76306 by paladax
Replied by paladax on topic Re: Vigor 2830n assistance
Hi Sicon,

Thanks, I tried that. But to do a seperate LAN subnet I have to enable Vlans right? When I do that and configure 2 seperate Vlans, things start to go a bit strange. DHCP on one subnet will work but not the other. I tried configuring it with one Vlan only on the 1 (2nd guest wifi) subnet and that seems ok. But then it stops anything from working being plugged into the Draytek box itself. Enable both Vlans and then 1 wifi may stop working with DHCP.

I saw somewhere on Drayteks website that they said to avoid doing this if possible as there may be issues. But surely if it gives me the option then I must be able to do it?

I am on the latest firmware.

Moderators: Sami