DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Web authentication ?

• clever_trevor
  • Topic Author
More
19 May 2013 12:47 #76251 by clever_trevor
Web authentication ? was created by clever_trevor
Is web authentication available on the 2850vn router or does anyone know how to access it or is it coming in a future firmware.
As I see reference to this option in the online manuals but cannot locate this feature or determine what router I need for this feature,
Thoughts or advice welcome,
Thanks,
t

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2013 16:22 #76259 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Web authentication ?
What do you mean by Web Authentication... Do you mean SSL VPN?

• clever_trevor
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2013 17:14 #76263 by clever_trevor
Replied by clever_trevor on topic Re: Web authentication ?
Hi,
I refer to the reference in user info & in support on DrayTek web @

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_WebAuth.html

""
Web Authentication

DrayTek Vigor firewalls that support Web Authentication can be configured to require a user to log in before they are permitted to browse the Internet. This can provide a useful way of restricting which users are permitted Internet access.

When a user tries to access a web page using their web browser the router intercepts the request and redirects them to a log-in page that invites them to log in before they are able to access webpages. Once they have logged in they may browse the internet as normal.

If required, computers can be set to by-pass the Web authentication so that they are automatically given access. This is done by using the bind IP to mac function

Web Authentication is setup via [LAN]<>[Web Authentication] menu.
""

I am looking for how I set this up on the 2850VN or what router support this as cannot find this option ?

Thanks,
t

More
21 May 2013 00:32 #76270 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Web authentication ?
There is a case draytek have moved this option, to another location in the menu
I think (not sure) with new firmwares are not present ... you may need check at User Management >> User Profile or user management section because its looks similar to me
Also my guess is loading a last year's firmware may appear but if you really need this option not sure which firmware supporting this (from the old ones)

Moderators: Sami