DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN setup on 2850n

• splinterbox
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2013 20:12 #76292 by splinterbox
VPN setup on 2850n was created by splinterbox
I've being trying the setup a VPN so I can access my home/office computers whilst travelling without much luck. I really would appreciate some help here as - even using the manual and the "Mickys Guides" - I'm not having much luck. A step by step guide would be great as I find that the manual is a real technical challenge. I want to use the 2850n as my VPN server, allowing me to route through to any of my office PC's. Splinter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2013 20:29 #76312 by cartmane
Replied by cartmane on topic Re: VPN setup on 2850n
I'm having a similar problem on my 2850Vn. I can get connected but I always end up with an ip address on a /32 subnet so I can't access any of my LAN resources. Like Splinter I've tried all of the Mikeys guides & trawled this & other forums but I can't work out what I'm doing wrong as everything looks right. I was starting to think that it was another bug in the firmware but hopefully someoen can prove me wrong.

Thanks.

• splinterbox
  • Topic Author
More
26 May 2013 10:24 #76326 by splinterbox
Replied by splinterbox on topic Re: VPN setup on 2850n
I've being trying to figure out how to get the job done. Having decided to use the 2840n's ability to act as a VPN server, I've delved, implemented, entered and changed settings using the VPN and Remoter Server, VPN Client and Server Wizards, VPN Trunk Management and Connection Management to no avail. I've looked at and checked Firewall settings and NAT permissions - laptop included - still with without success.

I've installed Draytek's own VPN client on my laptop after trying get connected using Windows 7's build in VPN client. In both cases my laptop was trying to connect to my 2850n - no success here either.

Where do I go from here? I know that the Draytek 2850n is a remarkably capable device, but is necessary to be so complicated to setup? Even getting advice on what sections of the configuration system require specific entries would be good starting point. I can't believe its all of the above mentioned categories - or maybe it is and more . . !

I'm beginning to regret my decision to buy the 2850n and - if no guidance arrives after this post - I'm seriously considering buying a wireless router that has a more understandable configuration process.

Splinter

Moderators: Sami